- Pander Brothers Expose Celebrity Life in Pop-Culture Art ShowPosted 2 weeks ago
- The Vintage Home Show July 19, 20, 26, 27Posted 2 weeks ago
- Downtown News – Summer 2014!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Former Ralph Lauren Exec Opens Boutique in The PearlPosted 3 weeks ago
- Blue Skirt Productions: Now Open!Posted 3 weeks ago
- 11th Annual Cannon Beach Cottage & Garden Tour – Sept 12thPosted 3 weeks ago
- Feast! Portland – Sept. 18th to 21stPosted 3 weeks ago
- Heart – September 20thPosted 3 weeks ago
- Julian Casablancas + The Voidz – November 11thPosted 4 weeks ago
- Jack White at Edgefield – August 27thPosted 4 weeks ago
- Peter Max: Artist Exhibit – Previews Begin August 15th!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Luis Vazquez : PhotographerPosted 4 weeks ago
- “Oregon’s Painted History” Art Exhibit – Aug 1 to Sept 30Posted 4 weeks ago
- Myriam Marcela: Fashion DesignerPosted 1 month ago
- Grouplove & Portugal. The Man Together at Edgefield! – August 11Posted 1 month ago
- Candace Clothing Now Open on Sandy Boulevard!Posted 1 month ago
- Sam Smith Concert moves to Edgefield!Posted 1 month ago
- David Gray concert at Edgefield- August 23Posted 2 months ago
- The Art of the Louvre’s Tuileries Garden opens June 14Posted 2 months ago
- Style in The Pearl 2014Posted 2 months ago
Mo-Wave Festival April 11-13
The 2014 ‘Mo-Wave Festival is happening in Seattle April 11-13 at Chop Suey, and this week the festival announced that the 2014 ‘Mo-Wave lineup will include a showcase with Portland queer indie pop musician (and former Dandy Warhols protégé) Logan Lynn.
Lynn has had a really big year. His cover of Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” was released as a single in September courtesy of RCA Records / Sony Music Entertainment and was picked up in its first week by New York Magazine, Vulture, The Huffington Post and a slew of other media outlets. The video is now less than 50,000 views shy of 1 million — thanks in no small part to Miley performing Lynn’s arrangement of the song on Saturday Night Live. Logan’s follow-up video for his single “Tramp Stamps and Birthmarks” has been watched over 625,000 times since its release on Halloween. Both songs found an instant home with college and alternative radio stations, and Lynn has amassed a total of over 3 million views to videos on his YouTube channel since August.
Logan Lynn’s ‘Mo-Wave showcase will take place on Sunday, April 13th, at 4:00pm. Tickets and passes are on sale now at www.MoWaveFestival.com. Space is very limited and the festival is expected to sell out quickly.
Named “Best Festival” in 2013 by Seattle Weekly, ‘Mo-Wave is unmatched in its eclectic blend of art and diverse queer culture. This mix immediately struck a chord with audiences in its first year, and one only has to glance briefly at the 2014 lineup below to see that the ‘Mo-Wave crew are back at it again for year two.
The full 2014 ‘Mo-Wave Festival lineup includes: Logan Lynn, MX Justin V. Bond, Christeene, Zebra Katz, Carletta Sue Kay, Tacocat, Slava Mogutin, Ononos, Night Cadet, Boy Funk, Death Metals, Dust Moth, CZARL1NG (featuring Members of The Need/Grass Widow/Broken Water), Adé, Frederic Fleury, Narcissister, Jordan O’Jordan, L’Orth, Brian Kenny, LoneSome Leash, Tenderfoot, Half Breed, Sashay, Palo Verde, Spear and Magic Helmet, Frank Correa, Michael Horwitz, Your Heart Breaks, Belles Bent For Leather (Judas Priest Tribute), Queen Mookie, Amoania,Glitterbang, Hypnotits, Brian Brittigan, Zackary Drucker, MKNZ, Earl Dax, Crypts and more!
Interviews are available with Logan Lynn as well as the ‘Mo-Wave Festival creators. For press inquiries regarding ‘Mo-Wave, please contact Jodi@ChopSuey.com. For press inquiries regarding Logan Lynn, please contact Info@LoganLynnMusic.com.