- Archimedes Gallery Features Brandon BoydPosted 19 hours ago
- Kinky BootsPosted 1 day ago
- Food & Wine FestPosted 5 days ago
- Carly Aquilino – December 7Posted 1 week ago
- Sturgill Simpson: Live! – November 25Posted 2 weeks ago
- Beatles vs. Stones – October 25Posted 2 weeks ago
- Foreverland at Alhambra Theatre – Oct 10Posted 2 weeks ago
- NW Film Center: Sound Design & FoleyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Jason Mraz – October 24Posted 2 weeks ago
- Wizard of OzPosted 3 weeks ago
- NW Film Center: Documentary Production ClassPosted 3 weeks ago
- Families of Cannon BeachPosted 3 weeks ago
- First National Taphouse OpensPosted 3 weeks ago
- Rachel Sage Releases New AlbumPosted 3 weeks ago
- Cash’d Out: The Next Best Thing to Johnny Cash – Oct 17Posted 3 weeks ago
- NBC’s Last Comic Standing: LIVE! – October 19Posted 4 weeks ago
- FashioNXT – October 8-11Posted 1 month ago
- Downtown News – Summer 2014!Posted 3 months ago
- Former Ralph Lauren Exec Opens Boutique in The PearlPosted 3 months ago
- Blue Skirt Productions: Now Open!Posted 3 months ago
Mo-Wave Festival April 11-13
The 2014 ‘Mo-Wave Festival is happening in Seattle April 11-13 at Chop Suey, and this week the festival announced that the 2014 ‘Mo-Wave lineup will include a showcase with Portland queer indie pop musician (and former Dandy Warhols protégé) Logan Lynn.
Lynn has had a really big year. His cover of Miley Cyrus’ “We Can’t Stop” was released as a single in September courtesy of RCA Records / Sony Music Entertainment and was picked up in its first week by New York Magazine, Vulture, The Huffington Post and a slew of other media outlets. The video is now less than 50,000 views shy of 1 million — thanks in no small part to Miley performing Lynn’s arrangement of the song on Saturday Night Live. Logan’s follow-up video for his single “Tramp Stamps and Birthmarks” has been watched over 625,000 times since its release on Halloween. Both songs found an instant home with college and alternative radio stations, and Lynn has amassed a total of over 3 million views to videos on his YouTube channel since August.
Logan Lynn’s ‘Mo-Wave showcase will take place on Sunday, April 13th, at 4:00pm. Tickets and passes are on sale now at www.MoWaveFestival.com. Space is very limited and the festival is expected to sell out quickly.
Named “Best Festival” in 2013 by Seattle Weekly, ‘Mo-Wave is unmatched in its eclectic blend of art and diverse queer culture. This mix immediately struck a chord with audiences in its first year, and one only has to glance briefly at the 2014 lineup below to see that the ‘Mo-Wave crew are back at it again for year two.
The full 2014 ‘Mo-Wave Festival lineup includes: Logan Lynn, MX Justin V. Bond, Christeene, Zebra Katz, Carletta Sue Kay, Tacocat, Slava Mogutin, Ononos, Night Cadet, Boy Funk, Death Metals, Dust Moth, CZARL1NG (featuring Members of The Need/Grass Widow/Broken Water), Adé, Frederic Fleury, Narcissister, Jordan O’Jordan, L’Orth, Brian Kenny, LoneSome Leash, Tenderfoot, Half Breed, Sashay, Palo Verde, Spear and Magic Helmet, Frank Correa, Michael Horwitz, Your Heart Breaks, Belles Bent For Leather (Judas Priest Tribute), Queen Mookie, Amoania,Glitterbang, Hypnotits, Brian Brittigan, Zackary Drucker, MKNZ, Earl Dax, Crypts and more!
Interviews are available with Logan Lynn as well as the ‘Mo-Wave Festival creators. For press inquiries regarding ‘Mo-Wave, please contact Jodi@ChopSuey.com. For press inquiries regarding Logan Lynn, please contact Info@LoganLynnMusic.com.